Saturday, May 25, 2013

Telling Our Story

Scrapbooking is one of those hobbies that is just designed for me. I love being crafty and I love taking pictures. It is a no brainer. I started scrapbooking after I graduated college... wow, I feel old just thinking about how long ago that was. I took a bit of a hiatus after a bad break up before Thom and I started dating. About a year ago, I rediscovered my hobby. I wanted to document our story, so I created a scrapbook of our first year together. About a year later, it is finally done. 

The scrapbook has a storybook theme, it begins with "Once upon a time," where I typed up the story of how Thom and I met, and it ends with "and they lived happily ever after," which leads into my current scrapbook about moving to Maine and planning our wedding. In between are pictures and stories of our first year together. It took a fair amount of time, but in the end it was well worth it. Thom and I already enjoy looking at the pictures and reliving our first year together, our engagement, and driving across the country. It will be an actual treasure to our future selves.

The one tiny downside of scrapbooking is that it is never ending. Time goes one, meaning there are always new things to scrapbook. On the bright side, now I am only two and a half years behind. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...