Saturday, May 18, 2013

Kitchen Wall Decor, a la Pinterest

I hate empty walls. Rooms with empty walls feel institutional, and echo-y. Neither of which are words that I want to describe my home. Most of my rooms seem to decorate themselves, wedding pictures certainly help.   My kitchen was a bit more of a challenge. I'm decorating the room in red, black, and white with a bit of a country feel. At first I looked at retro kitchen metal signs, but I could not find one that I was willing to commit to. My kitchen also turned out to be a bit more country than I had originally expected. While this is a good thing, it further discouraged me from the retro look. This led to quite a conundrum. A kitchen with empty walls.

One day, on a whim, I decided to browse Pinterest. A friend posted a free printable for kitchen art with a blue scheme. I liked the wording, but the blue just would not work. On a whim, I went to the original site. To my surprise, the author designed the printables in red too! Instant kitchen art work, and I was not even trying! I printed them out on white, canvas-textured card stock and framed them in $4 8x10 black wooden frames from Wal-Mart. Voila, wall art for about eight bucks that perfectly matches the look and feel of my kitchen.


The lesson learned through this unexpected find? Pinterest has a plethora of frame-able printables for any room. I'm considering using more printables for a photo collage I have planned for my hallway. We shall see.

A very special thank you to Paper and Pigtails for their Kitchen Art Prints!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love Pinterest, so many great ideas.

    Emily

    http://emprovising.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pinterest too, but I have to be careful because it is so addicting!

      Delete
  2. I hate empty walls too haha! They're so cute!

    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://after-5ve.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/sunday-chit-chat-nominated-for-liebster.html

    Hope you have a great day (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination! I should have my questions and nominees later today! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...