Friday, May 17, 2013

Couch-to-5K Week One Day One, And So It Begins

Yesterday I posted that I was going to be doing day one of Couch-to-5k (C25K) today. Well, I lied. Not on purpose, I promise. I bought some running clothing and downloaded the app, and then I just felt so motivated that I had to go. After all, you only get one first day. 

The first day work out appears easy enough, it consists of a 5 minute warm up walk, 20 minutes of alternating between 1 minute jogs and 1.5 minute walks, and a 5 minute cool down. Seems relatively painless, right? My shins were killing me, my ankles were sore, and I was vividly aware that I had not gone running in years. At the end of my workout, I had run 1.35 miles. Not bad for a first day. 

I am really happy I stuck through it. Once I caught my breath, I experienced a sudden burst of energy that lasted throughout the evening. I slept better than usual too. C25K recommends 3 work outs a week. I'm taking tomorrow and Saturday off, and will resume with week one, day two on Sunday. 

A new chapter in my life has begun. I am a runner. I got this.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your blog linked up on the Owl's Skull. I started running with Couch to 5K last year, something I never thought I could do, and it's changed my life.

    Great job sticking with it, even through the sore muscles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...