Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Day for Mom

Of the handful of people that have been there for me through everything, my mom has certainly been there the longest. I am not going to pretend I was a perfect child; I caused trouble, I had a rocky adolescence, and I was downright stupid in my early 20's. At the end of the day, my mom is always there to give me a hug, listen to my side of the story, and just make everything a little better. When it comes to moms, I have the best.

Accordingly, like millions of others this past Sunday, I spent the day with my mom. I brought her a bouquet of tulips, and we reminisced about the bouquet of daffodils I picked her when I was a little girl at my grandmother's farm. In lieu of facing the crowds at restaurants, Thom and I prepared a three course lunch consisting of crackers with hummus, chicken souvlaki salad with tzatziki sauce, and custard pie with strawberries for dessert. Mom and I also enjoyed strawberry lemonade wine spritzers throughout the afternoon. My step-father commented that everything looked like something from a restaurant. Lunch, and the entire day, was amazing to say the least.

I hope that everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day, spent with your mom's, or your kids, or perhaps both. I may not be a mom yet, but from my own childhood, I can understand that being a mom is no easy task. Happy belated Mother's Day, you all deserve it.

My mom, walking me down the aisle to my soul mate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...