Thursday, May 9, 2013

Going International, Plotting

Quebec City, Canada
Thom and I are in the process of getting our passports. I have never had one. I have also never been off of North America. This year, our plan is rather simple, we are going to spend our second anniversary in Quebec City, Canada. I am 3/4 French Canadian, and Quebec is the majority of my family's ancestral home. I have been to Quebec City multiple times, but this is going to be Thom's first visit. I am so excited to show him the sites and take him around to some of my favorite restaurants. The paperwork for our passports is complete, we just need to find a place to have our pictures taken. We have also found a hotel and secured vacation time from work. September is going to be awesome.

Our next goal is to finally get me off of North America. Originally, our plan was to travel internationally on odd years and travel within the US on even years. Our first overseas trip was going to be to London in 2015. Then we visited a travel agent to get more information about how to plan a vacation overseas. She gave us a travel catalog of various cities and vacation packages throughout Europe. If there is such a thing as reverse sticker shock, Thom and I now know what it feels like. We had no idea that travelling to Europe is about the same price as travelling domestically.

Prague, Czech Republic Source
Needless to say, our travel plans have now changed. We are still going to visit Quebec City for our second anniversary. In summer of 2014, we are going to Europe for a 10 day vacation to Prague, Vienna, and Budapest. I have always wanted to visit Prague, Thom has always wanted to visit Budapest, and Vienna is in the middle and the center of classical music, a favorite of both of us.

So, in short, here I am, living in a beautiful two bedroom apartment with the love of my life. I spend my spare time exploring the State of Maine and relaxing by the ocean, and we are on the verge of becoming world travelers. I can summarize everything in one sentence.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...