Monday, May 20, 2013

Liebster Award


I am happy to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Jocelyn at After 5ve. I wanted to give a huge shout out and thank you to Jocelyn. I am truly honored.

The Liebster award is given to new bloggers with under 200 followers as a way to welcome them into the blogging community.

I am happy to report that as of right now, I have 18 wonderful followers between Bloglovin', Google Friend Connect, and Facebook. I really appreciate all of your comments and support!

Rules:
1. Each nominee should answer 11 questions made by the person that nominated them.
2. Choose 11 new blogs to nominate, and link them to your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Go to their page and tell them about their nomination.
5. No tag backs!

Eleven Questions from After 5ve:
1. Which is most important to you? Hair care, Skin care, Body care, Nail care
I am a very holistic minded kind of person, so I would have to say body care. If you take good care of yourself as a whole, everything else will follow. For example, I now have the clearest skin of my life after switching to organic food.

2. If you were stranded on an island, what would be the one thing you'd bring?
I would bring my husband. First and foremost, he is my best friend and would keep my company, but more importantly, he can make up for my weaknesses. I can't light a campfire, he can.

3. What is your favorite cuisine?
I would have to say French. I come from a French family, and it is the food that I grew up with. There is nothing better on a cold winter day than a bowl of beef stew; quiche, omelettes, and crepes are my go-to breakfast foods; and who doesn't enjoy a French pastry or creme brulee for dessert? Thom and I are travelling to Quebec City for our second anniversary, I am not hiding the fact that I going there for a bite to eat.

4. Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter?
Autumn. The weather is perfect, just cool enough during the day for a sweater, or to light a fire in the evening. There is apple and pumpkin picking, fall baking so the house smells of cinnamon and nutmeg, the colors of the foliage, and county fairs!

5. If you had a million dollars right now, what would you do with it?
Pay off my student loans, buy a house, a new car for me, a truck for Thom, a Harley-Davidson for Thom, a '67 Camaro for me, a hundred grand to my mom, another chunk to charity, and the rest would go into savings.

6. Did you have a nickname when you were young?
Jenny, I have been called Jenny since the day I was born.

7. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
My career. I used to work as a school psychologist, and then the recession happened. Now I'm working at a call center. I love to help people, and there is nothing in my current job that compares to helping a child learn how to read.

8. For travelling: plane, train, or car?
Car. Nothing compares to a good road trip. Sometimes, getting there is half the adventure.

9. Where's the best place you've been whilst traveling?
My favorite place that I have visited is Acadia National Park. It is just so beautiful, there are not words.

10. What's your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride. I walked down the aisle to the theme from the movie "Storybook Love" played on classical guitar.

11. What's your dream/goal in life?
To have a happy and healthy family, with some traveling on the side.

Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your passion in life?
2. You are having friends over for dinner, what do you make?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world for an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go?
4. Do you play a musical instrument?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. Why do you blog?
7. What is your favorite social network?
8. What is your favorite kind of music?
9. Have you read any good books lately?
10. If you could have dinner with one person from history, who would it be?
11. What is your favorite color?

My Nominees:
1. Kisses and Croissants
2. The Owl Skull
3. Mad Hatters Nail Party
4. Little Cartographer
5. A Piece of She
6. Color.Paint.Create.
7. Sassy Talkin' Mama
8. Em-provising
9. spark your print
10. Losing my Religion, and Regaining my Faith
11. Mommy A-Z

2 comments:

  1. The Princess Bride is my favorite movie, too! Great pick for a wedding song. Do you make your husband respond to all your requests wtih, "As you wish." ? LOL

    Thanks for nominating Mommy A-Z, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom actually said "as you wish" when she gave me away. I teared up a little :)

      You are very welcome for the nomination!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...