Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Where to Begin?

A new blog, a first post. I have been here before, and as always I am stuck asking myself, where do I begin?  

I started blogging almost three years ago. My then-fiance and I had just moved to my home state of Maine from Kansas City, Missouri. I was unemployed, we were living in my mother's basement, and trying to plan our wedding. With some careful budgeting, understanding vendors, and hundreds of hours of DIY projects, we were able to create our dream wedding. You can read about it here.

After the wedding, I took some time off from blogging. Thom and I were settling into married life and a new apartment, and I was adjusting to a new career. I started blogging again about a year later with My Life, with a Touch of Purple. The blog was a lifestyle blog that quickly turned into a blog that chronicled my our first round of in vitro fertilization (IVF). Unfortunately, the pregnancy was not meant to be, and I stopped blogging the following November. My hiatus was partly to give myself time to heal, but mostly because I did not know how to begin again. I do not want to delete the posts, they are documentation of a memory, albeit a painful one, but also of a significant part of my life. My hope is that other people, in similar situations will find the blog and will find comfort in knowing that they are not alone.

I guess that brings me to today, and my original question, where do I begin?

I could go into my second round of IVF, which lead to a miscarriage at 6 weeks, but I am not. I will begin instead with a lesson that I learned as a result of that miscarriage. A loss is a loss, no matter how you look at it, that is a fact. The way you look at and interpret that loss is entirely up to you. My doctor sees hundreds of women a year that cannot get pregnant, that spend years trying and multiple rounds of IVF and never get a positive result. Thom and I got the positive. Yes, it was a loss, but it happened once, it will happen again. In life, if we look for the positive in things, the negatives are a bit easier to swallow and more manageable to navigate through.

This new-found positive outlook my inspiration for this new blog. I may not yet be a mommy, but I do have a beautiful apartment that I have furnished and decorated on a budget. Thom and I are transitioning to an all-natural/ organic diet and this summer we will be taking part in our first CSA, which means we will be sharing all kinds of healthful, yummy recipes. This is also our first year with a state park pass, which means we will be going on multiple adventures all over the state. With so many wonderful things, I cannot help but to keep a positive outlook on things. I am taking two steps forward, and I'm not looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...