Thursday, June 6, 2013

C25K- The End of Week Two

Source
Albeit slightly delayed by a week of rain and a brief heat wave, I am happy to report that I have completed week two of Couch to 5k, aka C25K. For those of you keeping track, that is two weeks down, seven weeks to go. So far, it has been a bit of a battle. Day 1 of weeks on and two left my ankles and calves screaming. Things got a bit easier on Day 2, and by Day 3 it had become a routine. Each week consists of a different running pattern, so it is always a matter of adjusting. For example, week one consisted of one minute of jogging followed by a minute and a half of walking for eight repetitions. Week two consisted of a minute and a half of jogging followed by two minutes of walking for six repetitions. The increase of 30 seconds may not sound like much, but my legs tell me otherwise.

When I used to go running as a teenager, I remember pushing myself while running and then reaching auto-pilot, where I could pretty much keep running for what seemed like forever. These brief runs are not letting me reach that point, although I am sure there is a reason for that. Week three includes two 3 minute runs with each work out, so we will see how that goes. Part of me is excited to move forward, the other is terrified. On the bright side, my legs are already starting to feel more toned and my jeans are getting looser. I also have a great group of cheerleaders supporting me every step of the way, which helps immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...